Penneo is a fast-growing SaaS company born in Copenhagen, Denmark. We successfully serve customers in industries like accounting, legal and finance, enabling them to manage and automate their business critical processes and documents in a compliant, secure and effortless way.
Following a successful IPO in June of 2020 we are now, more than ever, in a position to execute on our vision for European expansion. We are not simply looking for new employees, we are looking to form new long-term relationships with people that can resonate with our culture and values.
With us, future potential will always matter as much as past successes. We look for personality, screen for drive and hire for talent.
ROLE Account Executive, New Markets
TEAM SWAT (Special World Attack Team) - New Markets
START DATE Summer 2021
How will you spend your time at Penneo?
As our future Account Executive, New Markets you will take responsibility for breaking ground and establishing a foundation for Penneo as we expand into a new country. In close collaboration with the team, and particularly your team leader Alexander Nørgaard Rasmussen, you will build up new markets and spearhead our international expansion.
Our focus for 2021 will take us to the DACH region - from this you can expect 20-30 travel days a year.
More specifically this translates into the tasks listed below:
- With a focus on medium sized companies within Audit and Accounting, we entrust you to establish contact, conduct meetings and ultimately close the deal with prospects.
- You will be expected to navigate complex sales cycles with multiple internal- and external stakeholders. It’s your responsibility to make sure all the right parties are involved at the right time.
- You will work to ensure a smooth transition of new clients to Penneo’s Account Managers once the groundwork has been established. We want you to focus your energy on Penneo’s growth and new business rather than existing clients.
How will this role progress?
During the 1st month:
- You will get an introduction to Penneo and the Penneo platform, sales cycles, and strategy for our continued market expansion.
- You will participate in internal stakeholder meetings and familiarize yourself with our product, culture and value proposition.
- You will sit in on sales meetings together with people from your team and learn from their expertise.
Within 3 months:
- You have developed a deep understanding of our clients’ challenges in the Audit & Accounting vertical, as well as how Penneo adds value to their organizations.
- You have an overview and understanding of our existing customer portfolio.
- You have established a healthy pipeline of 2-3 million DKK
- You have successfully closed your first deal.
Within 6 months:
- You possess a deep understanding of the competitive landscape in our industry, and how Penneo differentiates itself.
- You have developed into a true expert on the Penneo solution and hit your sales targets steadily by closing a mixture of small, medium, and large sized audit and accounting firms.
Within 1 year:
- You have successfully laid down the groundwork for Penneo in a geographical market and begin to shift your focus towards a new market on our expansion plan.
- You become responsible for transferring your pipeline, knowledge and understanding of the new market you’ve been working in towards a dedicated Head of Sales or Team Lead.
We cannot tell you exactly where this role will take you in terms of career ladder, only that there are plenty of opportunities for those who take ownership and show perseverance. In time, you could take up a senior position in our Enterprise or Audit & Account team, head up our efforts in a local market, or perhaps represent Penneo abroad.
What makes you a great match for this role?
- A sales background from the SaaS industry. This is not an entry level position and we will expect you to show a track record of closing important accounts.
- Strategic prospecting skills that allow you to reach the right people in the right way.
- A hardcore hunter profile that opens up even the sturdiest of doors. We can’t teach you drive and perseverance, those are traits you must bring to the table.
- A mind-set driven by the opportunity to work autonomously and create your own impact.
- A professional German language is required in order to supplement our team with important attributes for localization.
In addition, it would make you really stand out if you have:
- Experience from selling towards a German speaking market.
- Pre-existing knowledge of the Audit and Accounting segment.
- A kick-ass personality and the willingness to bring your full self to work.
Who will be in your team?
You'll be part of the Penneo S.W.A.T. team. A small, yet effective, group of people on a mission to break down doors and spearhead our expansion into new countries. Led by our CCO and Co-founder André Clement, we fight to land the first critical clients in each new market. It is our primary focus to expand our customer base in Europe and make Penneo a global de facto standard for account firms.
Why should you apply for this role?
If you are not already convinced to learn more about the position by the above, then this might not be the right match for you, but we do have a few more benefits up our sleeves:
- An open and informal workplace culture, where all team members respect one another and assume responsibility and accountability for their work, while also having fun!
- Lots of responsibility and opportunities to learn and develop your career.
- Yearly team camps to exciting beach locations or ski resorts up in the mountains, so that we can charge our batteries and bond as a team.
- Office location in the city center, close to metro, public transportation and vibrant social life.
- Catered and delicious lunch every day
- Private health insurance (we’ve got you covered!).
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme, depending on qualifications and experience.
By now we hope you’re sitting with a smile on your face, ready to apply and partake in the Penneo adventure. However, if you still have unanswered questions please feel free to contact our Sales Recruiter, Frederik Sassi, at +45 22 27 34 36.
Best of success with your application!