Account Manager, Belgium (FR)
Join our team of talented salespeople as we continue on our quest to conquer the world of RegTech. Come learn with us and take your career to new heights!
Penneo is a fast-growing SaaS company born in Copenhagen, Denmark. We successfully serve customers in industries like accounting, legal and finance, enabling them to manage and automate their business critical processes and documents in a compliant, secure and effortless way.
Following a successful IPO in June of 2020 we are now, more than ever, in a position to execute on our vision for European expansion. We are not simply looking for new employees, we are looking to form new long-term relationships with people that can resonate with our culture and values.
With us, future potential will always matter as much as past successes. We look for personality, screen for drive and hire for talent.
ROLE Account Manager, Belgium
TEAM Audit & Accounting
START DATE June 2021
How will you spend your time at Penneo?
As our future Account Manager for Belgium, you’ll play a key role in building up one of our newer markets. Working with great autonomy and reporting directly to our Sales Director, Mads Aabling, you will push to increase our presence in the Belgian market and drive sales towards the top 10 - 300 auditing firms.
Suffice to say, this role is centered around bringing in new business, and you should thrive in an environment of high activity where you’re the catalyst for your own success.
More specifically this translates into the tasks listed below:
- Developing new relationships with clients Auditing and Accounting clients in the Belgian market.
- Managing existing customer base in Belgium as we grow our in-market presence.
- Driving best practice in integrated client acquisition, account management, client revenue growth and client satisfaction.
- Upselling through existing client portfolio.
- Initiate cross-selling and opening doors through existing client portfolio.
- Grow our new client base - don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and talk with new stakeholders. You can expect to book in the area of 50% of your own meetings.
How will this role progress?
During the 1st month:
- You will become introduced to Penneo and the Penneo platform, as well as our sales cycles and strategy for Audit & Accounting and Belgium specifically.
- You will participate in internal stakeholder meetings and get acquainted with your new colleagues.
- You will participate in client meetings, in Belgium as well as in other markets, with people from Audit & Accounting and SWAT (this is our New Markets team, you’ll get used to the lingo soon enough).
Within 3 months:
- You have initiated and held own client meetings with support from team members.
- You have developed a solid understanding of the business value of Penneo’s solution in relation to auditors and accountants.
Within 6 months:
- You are regularly gathering insights from the Belgian market and feeding back information to the Audit & Accounting team and Marketing.
- You successfully hit 100% of your targets and have turned into a truly valuable member of the Penneo team.
Within 1 year:
- You have grown Penneo’s client portfolio in the Belgian market.
- You are the go-to person for our auditing clients in the Belgian market.
- You are the go-to person for internal questions relating to the Belgian market.
From this point on your Penneo career can take a multitude of twists and turns. We won’t pretend to know the future, but experience tells us that you’ll have the opportunity to grow into key account management, sales leadership or even regional responsibility.
It all depends on your capabilities and dreams for the future.
What makes you a great match for this role?
We believe that these skills and experiences are important for becoming successful in this role, and it is the basis upon which we assess candidates. However, we acknowledge that talent takes many forms and we would still like to hear from you, even if you cannot check off all the points below.
- Experience from B2B solution sales
- An ambitious mind-set and an inherent drive to build up new business
- Experience from selling to Director, Partner and CxO level
- Experience from working with a sales quota/target
- Native level fluency in French
- Excellent communication skills
In addition, it would make you really stand out if you have:
- A curious mind and a lust for learning
- An awesome personality as we’ll probably be spending a lot of time together
- Experience from a SaaS environment
- A background from finance/accounting and general knowledge of AML/KYC
Who will be in your team?
You’ll become a part of our Audit & Accounting Specialists team. We operate as an independent sales team with a laser focus on auditors and accountants in existing markets. Success in our team is not dependent on a background in the auditing world, however we do perceive ourselves as experts in this vertical and strive to provide our clients with professional sparring and insights.
But hang on, there’s a twist!
As one of the first dedicated resources to the Belgian market, you will report directly to our Sales Director, Mads Aabling, and collaborate consistently across Penneo teams to optimize our localization efforts.
Why should you apply for this role?
If you are not already convinced to learn more about the position by the above, then this might not be the right match for you, but we do have a few more benefits up our sleeves:
- An open and informal workplace culture, where all team members respect one another and assume responsibility and accountability for their work, while also having fun!
- Lots of responsibility and opportunities to learn and develop your career.
- Yearly team camps to exciting beach locations or ski resorts up in the mountains, so that we can charge our batteries and bond as a team.
- Office location in the city center, close to metro, public transportation and vibrant social life.
- Catered and delicious lunch every day
- Private health insurance (we’ve got you covered!).
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme, depending on qualifications and experience.
By now we hope you’re sitting with a smile on your face, ready to apply and partake in the Penneo adventure. However, if you still have unanswered questions please feel free to contact our Sales Recruiter, Frederik Sassi, at +45 22 27 34 36.
Best of success with your application!