Who are we?
Penneo is a fast-growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) SaaS company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. We successfully serve customers in industries like accounting, legal and finance, enabling them to manage and automate their business critical processes and documents in a compliant, secure and effortless way.
Following a successful IPO in June of 2020, we are now, more than ever, in a position to execute on our vision for European expansion. We are not only looking for new employees, we are looking to form long-term relationships with people who resonate with our values.
We are searching for an experienced Director of Product who puts coaching over command and will lead our awesome product team in continuously delivering value to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time Director of Product to join our product team based in Copenhagen.
As our Director of Product you’ll take on a key role within Penneo, with the Director of Engineering as your closest peer, both reporting to the CTO. Together, you’ll be spearheading Penneo’s growth from a product development perspective, all in close collaboration with the entire Penneo team.
Preferably you have 3+ years of experience leading and expanding product teams and have a solid understanding of product management through hands-on work.
Your approach to inspiring and making your team shine is just as important as your own toolbox.
Your closest teammates will be the product and engineering teams and your peers will be leaders from the commercial team and business development.
What will be your responsibilities and mandate?
- People leadership
- Continuously focus on the team’s professional development in accordance with business requirements and individual preferences
- Coach team members individually to ensure personal development
- Work closely with Engineering, Commercial and Business Development to ensure aligned collaboration
- Expand team in accordance with company strategy
- Product leadership
- Mature product management practices and documentation
- Ensure Product’s voice in top management team
- Calibrate product readiness with business/commercial readiness
- Decision-maker for product strategy, tactics and operations
- Encourage a data-driven and analytical product development approach
- Business leadership
- Contribute to growing collaboration across the entire Penneo team
- Spearhead business development from a product perspective
- Lead contribution to company strategy from a product perspective
What makes you a strong match for this role?
- You put leadership and coaching over management and control
- You have 3+ years of experience leading and expanding product teams
- You have worked hands-on as a product manager for 3+ years
- You are driven by results and optimizing for return on investment in the longer term
- You are organized by nature and enjoy building solid processes
- You understand the importance of stakeholder management and you act with a cross-organizational mindset
You get energy from
- Leading improvement of processes with real-life implementation
- Scaling the product team in accordance with business goals
- Mentoring the product team and making the team improve continuously
- Spearheading calibration of product readiness and business/commercial readiness
- Growing the role within Penneo in accordance with business goals strategy
Why should you apply for this role?
If you are not already convinced to learn more about the position by the above, then this might not be the right match for you, but we do have a few more benefits up our sleeves:
- An open and informal workplace culture, where all team members respect one another and assume responsibility and accountability for their work, while also having fun!
- Lots of responsibility and opportunities to learn and develop your career
- Office location in the city center, close to metro, public transportation and vibrant social life
- Monthly Friday Bars and lots of social events
- Yearly team camps, so that we can charge our batteries and bond as a team
- Catered and delicious lunch every day
- Collaboration with a local fitness gym, that everyone at Penneo can benefit from
- Company paid health insurance
- Foosball table and PS4
- Competitive compensation package, depending on qualifications and experience
If you made it this far and you have a smile on your face and/or you are wondering if this may be the right match for you and Penneo, don’t hesitate to click the apply button
How we work in COVID-19 times
- We offer many remote working opportunities and flexibility for choosing what works best for you
- We have clear guidelines that we follow in regards to office space, limits of people in the office, and plenty of health and safety measures to minimize risks
- We host all of our events and meetings with an online-first mentality (this is not only because of COVID. We want to support a healthy remote working culture)
- Online events for socializing and team building
About our interview process
We want you to know what to expect. All of our interviews are conducted remotely, scheduled via calendar invitations and Google Meet for audio/video calls. Our process is thorough as we believe it is important to assess the right match for both you and us.
- Video call with our CTO (~1h): Start getting to know each other, mutual assessment of fit in values and criteria for match, introduction to the company and expectations for the position.
- Video call with our Director of Engineering and one of our Product Managers (~1h): Together you will explore solution space to a selected problem. Purpose is to start getting to know each other and mutually assess collaboration fit.
- Video call with 2 stakeholders from the business side (~45 min.): Discuss impact of the role with the Director of Sales and a stakeholder from the commercial side. You will get an impact description in advance.
- Call with 2 references of your choosing (2x15m): We would like to explore collaboration and decision-making scenarios with people you have been working with. Also, we would like their insights as to how we can give you a 5-star onboarding experience.
- Meet the full team (~1h): We believe it’s important that you and the full team get a feel for each other. This is a session where everyone gets a chance to ask all sorts of questions, informally and in good spirits.
- Video call with our CTO (~1h): Hopefully you will have enjoyed the discussions and collaborative sessions with everyone and are excited to get started. During this session you and our CTO can make sure this is the right match and agree about starting date and other practical details.
Penneo is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, hiring and promoting are based on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.