Who are we?
Penneo is a fast-growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) SaaS company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. We successfully serve customers in industries like accounting, legal, and finance, enabling them to manage and automate their business-critical processes and documents in a compliant, secure, and effortless way. We are on a mission to take over Europe coming from a stronghold in the Scandinavian countries. In 2020, we secured investment for growth and development through a successful IPO.
We now have the opportunity to look for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our awesome, diverse, and growing product development team in our mission to scale our operations and maximize value to our existing and future customers.
What you will be doing
- Using API connections - connecting data from various sources via API to our data warehouse
- Implementing Data Ops processes - creating and continuously refining our process for ensuring our staff has access to the latest data without interruption
- Designing data warehouse and data lake architecture - creating the foundations of how we structure our data using AWS
- Transforming data - creating routines that will transform raw data into meaningful information that can be accessed by business and data analysts
- Creating monitoring - implementing systems to help us keep track of how our data warehouse and associated processes are functioning
- Enforcing data quality standards - making sure that the data that we consume, transform, and use is always of the highest, cleanest standards
- Document and map all our data structure, definitions, IDs and master record.
- Data tracking: Ensure (in collaboration with development) that product feature tracking is correctly implemented and accurately tracked.
What makes you a strong match for this role?
- You have experience and a passion for leading data warehousing, big data and ETL projects as a designer or architect
- You have great knowledge with general data warehousing concepts
- Worked on a wide range of Data Warehouse problems - supporting Machine Learning, telecommunications, Business Intelligence and financial reporting projects
- High level of experience with data management and governance
- Extensive capabilities using SQL
- Experience with Data architecture, Data Management/Engineering methodology and Data Integration platforms.
- Solid background in data modelling and developing ETL-flows
- Ability to understand technical and business-related information and translate to requirements and proposed solutions
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and present for end users and stakeholders in a customer organization
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making skills
Why should you apply for this role?
If you are not already convinced to learn more about the position by the above, then this might not be the right match for you, but we do have a few more benefits up our sleeves:
- An open, diverse and informal workplace culture, where all team members respect one another and assume responsibility and accountability for their work, while also having fun!
- Take your career to the next level. There is plenty of responsibility and opportunities to learn and develop your career further while working with talented colleagues
- Office location in the city center, close to many public transportation options (metro 2 minutes away, buses, trains) and vibrant social life
- Monthly Friday Bars and lots of social events (one of the several reasons why we want COVID-19 to go away!).
- Yearly team camps, so that we can charge our batteries and bond as a team
- Catered and delicious lunch every day
- Collaboration with a local fitness gym, that everyone at Penneo can benefit from
- Private health insurance (we’ve got you covered!)
- We offer many remote working opportunities and flexibility for choosing what works best for you
- Foosball table (we do have highly skilled players) and a PS4 Pro
- Competitive salary, depending on qualifications and experience
Now, if you made it this far and you think this may be the right match for you and Penneo, please don’t hesitate to apply
About our interview process
We want you to know what to expect. All of our interviews are conducted remotely, scheduled via email and Google Meet for audio/video calls.
- Introductory call with the hiring manager (~45m): Getting to know each other, assessing for mutual fit, introduction to the company and goals for the position
- Interview Round 1 (~1h): Meet 2 people from our team to have discussions about your background, interests, fit and ways of working.
- Technical round (~1h15m): Get to know 2 people that you will be working closely with, have in-depth conversations about your technical skills, working with a team and decision making
- The practicalities (~45m): Closing talks with the hiring manager, agreeing about compensation, starting date, and all other practical details.
Penneo is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, hiring and promoting are based on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression