Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Workplace Experience Manager /HR Coordinator (Maternity Cover, 12 months) to join our People & Culture team in Copenhagen starting in November 2021. As the Penneo team is currently growing very fast, you will be the one to help manage our office, assist in relevant admin tasks within the People & Culture team, and provide a fantastic workplace experience to all of us. At the same time, you will be responsible for HR and people operations, both in relation to onboarding and offboarding colleagues, as well as maintaining policies that create an inclusive culture and efficient work environment. Ultimately, your mission will be to contribute to the overall experience for colleagues and help create a happy workplace for both those working in the office or remote.
This role is a maternity cover contract and is offered for a 1 year fixed term period.
Areas of responsibility
Main tasks & responsibilities in this role would be to:
- Work closely together with our People & Culture team to maintain office policies, assist with internal communication, and update all employee records.
- Onboard all new employees and offboard them when their journey at Penneo is over.
- Be the Admin for our Microsoft account, our Google account, our alarm system and our telecommunications provider (Telenor).
- Maintain the office condition, order IT equipment/supplies and arrange for necessary repairs.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
- Organize the office layout and assist with our new hot-desking Platform, Robin.
- Help with planning in-house or off-site activities, Friday bars and parties, celebrations (birthday, national days, etc), company events and trips.
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including security and catering services and ensure our pantry is always stocked, in collaboration with our Cook-Housekeeper, Carmen, who is responsible for maintaining the office clean and tidy and for preparing lunch, drinks and snacks for all of her hungry and hard working colleagues.
Skills and experience
We imagine that you are a people person with excellent communication, organizational and planning skills, who makes an effort to pay attention to those small details that can make our lives so much easier and our days so much brighter. The role is very hands-on, dealing with lots of people, and you’ll want to bring your outgoing energy to the office every day!
Some skills, or... cards up your sleeve, that would be valuable that you have are:
- Experience with a variety of office/ HR software (e.g. Peakon) and the ability to accurately handle administrative duties.
- Experience with G-Suite and Google Drive.
- Excellent language skills in English. In addition, a basic level of understanding and communicating in Danish will be a big plus for this role.
- Experience working in an international and/or fast paced technology/ scale-up environment.
- High levels of empathy/cultural intelligence and a hospitality mindset are a must, as well as strong interpersonal skills and good professional manners.
- A big interest and/or experience in HR (e.g. onboarding/ offboarding, Visa applications & relocation) and a willingness to contribute to employee/workplace happiness is important for you to succeed in this role.
Proven experience as an Office Manager, Administrative Assistant or Secretarial Support, especially in Denmark, could be a plus, but your administrative, organizational and other skills might be coming from somewhere else - let us know in your cover letter.
Who are we?
Penneo is a fast-growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) SaaS company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. We successfully serve customers in industries like accounting, legal and finance, enabling them to manage and automate their business critical processes and documents in a compliant, secure and effortless way.
Following a successful IPO in June of 2020, we are now, more than ever, in a position to execute on our vision for European expansion. We are not only looking for new employees, we are looking to form long-term relationships with people who resonate with our values.
Apart from that, we also offer:
- An open and informal workplace culture, where all team members respect one another and assume responsibility and accountability for their work, while also having fun!
- Lots of responsibility and opportunities to learn and develop your career.
- Office location in the city center, close to public transportation and vibrant social life.
- Monthly Friday Bars and lots of social events
- Yearly team events to exciting locations, so that we can charge our batteries and bond as a team.
- Catered and delicious lunch every day
- Private health insurance (we’ve got you covered!)
- Pension Scheme with Velliv
- Football table and PS4 (because we all need a break to relax our mind during work)
If what you are reading peaks your interest and you feel you might be who we are looking for, go ahead and send us your application (CV and cover letter in English). We will process applications on a continuous basis and will close the job opening once the right candidate has been found. For additional information, please contact Stacey Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +45 42 83 44 40.
Best of luck with your application and we look forward to reading it!
About our interview process
We want you to know what to expect. All of our interviews are scheduled via email and Google Meet for audio/video calls.
- Video call via Google Meet with the hiring manager (30-45m): Getting to know each other, assessing for mutual fit, introduction to the company and goals for the position
- Interview (~1h): Meet 2 people from our team to have discussions about your background/experiences, problem-solving scenarios, and ways of working.
- The practicalities (~30m): Closing talks with the hiring manager, agreeing about compensation, starting date, and all other practical details.
Penneo is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, hiring and promoting are based on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.