Who are we?
Penneo is a fast-growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) SaaS company with headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. We effectively assist customers in industries like accounting, legal, and finance, enabling them to organize and automate their business-critical processes in a compliant, secure, and effortless way.
Following a successful IPO in 2020 and the listing on Nasdaq Copenhagen Main Market in April 2022 we are now more than ever, in a position to execute on our strategy for European expansion. We are not only looking for new employees, we are looking to form new long-term relationships with people who resonate with our culture and values.
We now have the opportunity to look for a User Researcher to join our awesome and growing team. We're on a mission to scale our operations and maximize value to our existing and future customers.
Who are we looking for?
As our future User Researcher, partnering with the Product Team as well with internal and external stakeholders, you will be responsible for conducting generative and evaluative research to provide actionable insights to uncover new opportunities and validate solutions.
The position is full-time, based in our HQ in Copenhagen and you will report to our Senior Manager of Product Design. You will have our awesome Product and Business Development Teams as your closest collaborators.
What would be your responsibilities?
We foresee the following responsibilities, but you’ll have the opportunity and freedom to influence and define them with us.
- Conducting all stages of UX research and communicating actionable insights with the relevant people and teams within the organization;
- Recruiting participants for research studies identifying and prioritizing optimal candidates;
- Developing comprehensive research strategies to drive research from end to end, from inception to completion;
- Gathering research, building clear hypotheses, helping to test features, interviews with users, analysis and synthesis of data into actionable insights that are then shared with the team;
- Sympathizing with customers, clients, and end-users to understand the pain points and objectives;
- Working closely with product teams to understand research priorities to build out roadmaps;
- Enriching existing quantitative data with your qualitative data to help your colleagues understand the why behind the numbers.
What makes you a great match?
We believe that the following traits and experiences are important for becoming successful in this role, and it is the basis upon which we assess candidates. However, we acknowledge that talent takes many forms and we would still like to hear from you, even if you don't think you match all the points below.
We expect you to:
- Hold 3+ years of experience in a User Researcher role;
- Have a deep knowledge in the field of UX Research with a proven understanding of qualitative research methods;
- Understand the users' mental model and the journey they take when interacting with our products;
- Know how to conduct, process, and communicate evaluative & generative research;
- Know how to drive insight processes and how to make relevant findings accessible and actionable for the team;
- Understand the competitive landscape and relevant industry trends;
- Have a collaborative design mindset and a natural interest in people.
- Experience in financial crime such as AML, KYC, CTF or eIDAS
How will the role progress?
It is important to us to be as transparent as even possible and to give you the opportunity to level expectations for the role. We, therefore, share our impact description in advance, and we would love your thoughts about it in your cover letter.
During the 1st month, you will:
- Meet your new colleagues and understand who is doing what;
- Have an understanding of our current customer journey map;
- Participates in the existing product design processes;
- Use Penneo KYC and Penneo Sign as a customer ;
- Participate in Penneo’s onboarding program for all new Penneos;
- Engage in customer onboarding with the Customer Support team.
Within 3 months you will:
- Understand the problems Penneo solves for customers (KYC & Sign);
- Understand the pain points and objectives of users and customers;
- Understand the jobs to be done in our products, targeting and prioritizing the right problems we want to solve;
- Work closely with the analytics team, obtaining quantitative information to activate qualitative strategies to help facilitate decisions, communicate, advocate for, and socialize actionable insights clearly and compellingly.
Within 6 months you will:
- Develop a close relationship with your team and stakeholders;
- Deliver compelling insights to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions;
- Evangelize research. Share user insights within the broader organization and externally in creative ways to increase empathy.
Within 12 months you will:
- Understand your customers in and out, and have special relationships with some;
- Strengthen the communication regarding our customers throughout the organization;
- Have a proven record of driving change through UX Research;
- Be a key figure in how we work most effectively to the benefit of our customers.
Our User Researcher role is instrumental to our ambitious growth aspirations, and we’re eager to learn on the journey with you. It all depends on your capabilities for continuous learning and equally important - your dreams for the future.
By now we hope you’re sitting with a smile on your face, ready to apply and contribute to the Penneo adventure.
About our interview process
We want you to know what to expect. All of our interviews can be conducted remotely, scheduled via email and Google Meet for audio/video calls, if you prefer.
- Call with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists (~30m): introduction to the company, mutual initial expectation leveling.
- Call with our VP of Product, Christoph ~45m): Getting to know each other, assessing for mutual fit, introduction to the impact and goals for the position.
- Collaboration round (~1h): Together with two team members, you will discuss your approach to a problem scenario to assess collaboration fit and ways of working.
- The practicalities (~45m): Closing talk with our VP of Product, Christoph agreeing about compensation, starting date, and all other practical details.
Best of success with your application!
Please note that we are screening and interviewing on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in any of our roles, please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Penneo is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, hiring and promoting are based on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.