Who are we?
Penneo is a fast-growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) SaaS company with headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. We effectively assist customers in industries like accounting, legal, and finance, enabling them to organize and automate their business-critical processes in a compliant, secure, and effortless way.
Following a successful IPO in 2020 and the listing on Nasdaq Copenhagen Main Market in April 2022, we are now, more than ever, in a position to execute our strategy for European expansion. We are not only looking for new employees, we are looking to form new long-term relationships with people who resonate with our culture and values.
We now have the opportunity to look for a Student-Helper for the Finance Department to join our awesome and growing team. We're on a mission to scale our operations and maximize value to our existing and future customers.
Who are we looking for?
As our future Student-Helper in Finance, your main goal will be to support the finance team and help us make sure that all the processes are running smoothly and of the highest quality in the department.
The position is part-time and based in our HQ, in Copenhagen. You will report to the Director of Accounting and have our awesome Finance & Sales Teams as your closest collaborators.
What would be your responsibilities?
We foresee the following responsibilities, but you’ll have the opportunity and freedom to influence and define them with us.
- AD-hoc task assisting the financial controller will be a big part of this role;
- Debtor management (Inquiries, reminders, etc.);
- Period closing tasks;
- Reporting to BoD on debtors (long term);
- Bookkeeping of the bank and reconciliation hereof.
What makes you a great match?
We perceive this as an entry-level opportunity, which means we will stand ready to teach you everything you need. What we need is a great attitude and desire to make things happen.
Thus, to succeed in this role, we expect you to:
- Be starting your bachelor's degree in economics as of this year or started last year;
- To be Interested in a finance department and want to be a part of a scale-up journey;
- Be eager to learn new stuff and want to make an impact;
- Have a near-native level in Danish;
- Have working proficiency in English.
How will this role progress?
It is important to us to be as transparent as even possible and to allow you to level expectations for the role. Therefore, we share our impact description in advance and would love your thoughts about it in your cover letter.
During the 1st month, you will:
- Meet your new colleagues and understand who is doing what;
- Get comfortable with the day-to-day operations of your job;
- Understand the problems Penneo solves for customers;
- Use the product(s) as a customer;
Within 3 months, you will:
- Be comfortable and confident in answering customer inquiries both on phone and by mail;
- Get an overview of the tasks you and the financial controller have the responsibility for;
- Understand the pricing structure of Penneo and the different products we provide.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be comfortable and confident in doing debtor management by phone;
- Be able to work independently on your responsibilities in general.
Between 12-24 months:
- Possibilities for promotion and new tasks as Penneo are scaling and new roles are needed.
By now we hope you’re sitting with a smile on your face, ready to apply and contribute to the Penneo adventure.
About our interview process
We want you to know what to expect. All of our interviews can be conducted remotely, scheduled via email, and Google Meet for audio/video calls if you prefer.
Call with one of the members of our Talent Acquisition Team (~30m): introduction to the company, mutual initial expectation leveling.
- Call/meeting with your future colleagues (~1h): Together with our Director of Accounting, Mathias and Financial Controller, Carsten, Get to know each other, assess for mutual fit, introduction to the impact and goals for the position.
- The practicalities (~30m): Closing talk with our Director of Accounting, Mathias: agreeing about compensation, starting date, and all other practical details.
Best of success with your application!
Please note that we are screening and interviewing on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in any of our roles, please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Penneo is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, hiring, and promoting are based on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.