Who are we?
Penneo is a fast-growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) SaaS company with headquarter in Copenhagen, Denmark. We effectively assist customers in industries like accounting, legal, and finance, enabling them to organize and automate their business-critical processes in a compliant, secure, and effortless way.
Following a successful IPO in 2020 and the listing on Nasdaq Copenhagen Main Market in April 2022 we are now, more than ever, in a position to execute on our strategy for European expansion. We are not only looking for new employees, we are looking to form new long-term relationships with people who resonate with our culture and values.
We now have the opportunity to look for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) - Dutch Speaker to join our awesome and growing team. We're on a mission to scale our operations and maximize value to our existing and future customers.
Who are we looking for?
As our new SDR, your main goal will be to reach out to prospects within our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) across different channels, such as phone, email and LinkedIn.
This is an extremely proactive position that demands grit and resilience. You'll have to love and to find fun in the hunting of prospects.
The position can be based both in Belgium, in the Ghent area, or in our HQ in Copenhagen.
What would be your responsibilities?
We foresee the following responsibilities, but you’ll have the opportunity and freedom to influence and define it with us.
- Contact Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) across different channels, such as phone, email and LinkedIn;
- Book qualified meetings with prospects within our ICPs;
- Use Salesforce to create opportunities and update them with notes so you set up KAMs for success;
- Understand the industries you work with and the messaging you need to apply to the conversations;
- Report results to the Senior Manager of Sales Development.
What makes you a great match?
We perceive this as an entry level opportunity, which means we will stand ready to teach you everything you need. What we need is a great attitude and desire to make things happen.
Thus, to succeed in this role, we expect you to:
- Master oral and written communication in Dutch, as well as in English;
- Show up with a willingness to learn and have the drive for building up something new;
- Love talking with people and establishing new relationships;
- Have interest in continuously improving the way you approach people to increase the results.
Useful, but not essential:
- Experience from a SaaS or Scale Up-environment.
- Master oral and written communication in French.
How will this role progress?
It is important to us to be as transparent as even possible and to give you the opportunity to level expectations for the role. We therefore share our impact description in advance, and we would love your thoughts about it in your cover letter.
During the 1st month you will:
- Meet your new colleagues and understand who is doing what;
- Get comfortable with the day-to-day operations of your job;
- Understand the problems Penneo solves for customer;
- Use the product(s) as a customer;
- Assess and engage in the Sales Onboarding Program facilitated by our Sales Excellence Manager;
- Understand how the Sales Playbook works within your area;
- Have started to do outreach and have booked the first couple of meetings within 1 of our ICPs.
Within 3 months you will:
- Have finished our Sales Onboarding Program;
- Feel comfortable pitching and be able to book up to 15-20 qualified meetings per month;
- Book meetings within more of our ICPs.
Within 6 months you will:
- Be able to be up and running and hit your targets on a monthly basis with 20 qualified meetings. You have also seen that the first opportunities you have created are being closed;
- The natural career progression at the end of the first 6 months, assuming that you have demonstrated a solid track record and are willing to take on more responsibility, is to transition into a Senior Sales Development Representative role and potentially work towards expanding our target base to other markets.
Within 12 months:
- You should expect that a good track record can land you the role as a Growth Manager or a Sales Executive in our Sales team followed by higher targets and more responsibility.
From this point on you have the opportunity to impact how your Penneo career develops, depending on what you want to achieve.
Our SDRs are instrumental to our ambitious growth aspirations, and this is an entry role that can give you the opportunity to climb the sales career ladder.
It all depends on your capabilities for continuous learning and equally important - your dreams for the future. Many of your colleagues have already done it and they are happy to share their journey from SDR to Key Account Manager with you.
By now we hope you’re sitting with a smile on your face, ready to apply and contribute to the Penneo adventure.
About our interview process
We want you to know what to expect. All of our interviews can be conducted remotely, scheduled via email and Google Meet for audio/video calls, if you prefer.
- Call with one a member of our Talent Acquisition Team (~30m): introduction to the company, mutual initial expectation leveling.
- Call with Werner, Senior Manager Belgium Market (~45m): Getting to know each other, assessing for mutual fit, introduction to the impact and goals for the position.
- Collaboration round (~1h): Together with two team members, you will discuss your approach to a problem scenario to assess collaboration fit and ways of working.
- The practicalities (~45m): Closing talk with Werner, agreeing about compensation, starting date, and all other practical details.
Best of success with your application!
Please note that we are screening and interviewing on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in any of our roles, please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Penneo is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, hiring and promoting are based on merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.