Who is Penneo
Before telling you who we are and what we do, let us say that the most important asset at Penneo is our PEOPLE. Our workplace culture is open, inclusive, respectful and driven by the mindset that we are all one big family and we should treat each other as such. For that reason, we are not simply looking for new employees, we are looking to form new long-term relationships with people that can resonate with our values. These include vulnerability, responsibility, transparency, alignment, agility, bravery and unity. Penneo strives to make work fun and succeed in our people waking up in the morning and being excited about coming to the office, which is why we want all Penneos to work for a mission, not for a workplace.
Our mission is to help businesses manage and automate their digital document and signing workflows in a fast, streamlined and effortless way, while at the same time allow them to be fully compliant and secure, thus tackling today’s compliance and security challenges. In addition, we want to contribute to building a more environmentally friendly world, by making businesses go paperless!
Starting back in 2014, Penneo is now a hyper growth SaaS company of 50 colleagues and growing, working with more than 1600 customers in the Nordic Region. Already we work with companies such as Deloitte, KPMG, EY, PwC and our client base is rapidly expanding!
Who we are looking for:
At the moment, we are looking for a Key Account Manager, Denmark to join our Audit & Accounting Sales team situated in Copenhagen as soon as possible. You will help bring value to our current customers in Denmark and make sure that they make the most out of using our product and are happy using Penneo. At the same time, you will work towards growing our customer base in Denmark and winning new clients. Your mission will be to, ultimately, grow our market presence in the country and help change the way Danish accounting firms handle annual reports and client interaction processes.
What your day will look like:
You will usually start the day with a team meeting in the office and then arrange and/or have meetings with new and existing clients, either online or onsite in Denmark. Of course, having lunch together with colleagues or sharing the occasional beer after work or during Friday bars is also part of the deal!
How will this role progress?
- During the 1st month: You are expected to get to know more about the Penneo product and competitors’ market and have a clear idea of actions needed to be taken moving forward.
- Within 3 months: You will be expected to, hopefully, feel more comfortable with our solution and knowledge about the product and already be holding meetings with new and existing clients.
- Within 6 months: You are expected to be up and running and achieve 100% of your targets, as well as to have established a strong foundation for going forward.
- Within 1 year: You will have already built up a strong portfolio with solid client relations. You will “own” the Danish market and be a trusted advisor/ expert in your field for accountants and auditors, as well as the go-to person for new colleagues.
- Overall, you will start small with "smaller" existing clients, but you can eventually work with bigger clients and have bigger targets and responsibilities - we expect that you would want to want towards that goal!
Who will be in your team?
You will sit in the Audit and Accounting Sales team and will work closely together with our CCO and Co-founder, André Clement, whose primary focus is to expand our customer base in other European markets and make Penneo the global standard for accounting firms’ financial reporting processes.
Skills and experience
We believe that, to be successful in this role, you need to have 2-3 years of sales experience in SaaS companies, have built relationships/worked with decision makers, company owners and C-level executives and possess top negotiation and diplomacy skills. It would also be a BIG plus if you have experience from accounting firms before and have knowledge about their internal structure.
As a person, we are looking for someone who is good at understanding SaaS products, as well as understanding clients’ needs and communicating value to them. We expect you are the type of person that is responsible, brave and never gives up, enjoys new challenges and always tries to find a better way of doing things if the first one is not successful. You do not get easily demotivated but are intrinsically motivated about setting and accomplishing goals, alone or as part of a team. You should also enjoy socializing and having fun with your colleagues, in addition to working hard.
Since our work language is English, we expect that you will be fluent in the language. At the same time, you must be able to speak the Danish language fluently/ close to a native level since we communicate in this language with our Danish clients. For that reason, please note that we cannot move forward to the next steps in the recruitment process with applicants who do not mention that they speak Danish fluently/ close to a native level in their application.
Apply to join us if you want to:
- Contribute to changing the way Danish accounting firms handle their financial reporting process on behalf of their clients
- Join a sales team that can provide you with the tools and knowledge to take your account management career to the next step.
- Join a team of international colleagues who work hard and produce results, while also having fun!
Apart from that, we also offer:
- An open and informal workplace culture, where all team members respect one another and assume responsibility and accountability for their work, while also having fun!
- Lots of responsibility and opportunities to learn and develop your career
- Office location in the city center, close to metro, public transportation and vibrant social life
- Monthly Friday Bars and lots of social events
- Yearly team camps to exciting beach locations or ski resorts up in the mountains, so that we can charge our batteries and bond as a team
- Catered and delicious lunch every day
- Collaboration with a local fitness gym, that everyone at Penneo can benefit from
- Private health insurance (we’ve got you covered!)
- Football table and PS4 (because we all need a break to relax our mind during work)
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme, depending on qualifications and experience
If what you are reading peaks your interest and you feel you might be who we are looking for, go ahead and send us your application (in English) - we look forward to receiving it!
And if you have questions that you need to ask before applying, you are always welcome to call our Head of Sales - Audit & Accounting, Esben Hjorth Jensen, at +45 31 22 41 30 - he will be happy to answer them for you.
Best of success with your application!